Retirement and Pensionado
Any foreign who receives a retirement pension by a foreign government, international organization or foreign private entity and wishes to domicile in the Republic of Panama, will be able to request this visa.
The retirement pension shall not be inferior of One Thousand American Dollars (US $1000.00) and must be a life time program (plus $250 for each dependent).
If the aspiring foreign give evidence of acquiring a real estate in the Republic of Panama, over One Hundred Thousand American Dollars (US $100.000.00), life pension can be for the amount of Seven Hundred Fifty American Dollars (US $750.00).
Panama migration laws, will require you and your family to file your residency permits by means of a duly licentiate lawyer within the territory of Panama.
Through Join Panama or our partner services providers we can help you with all your immigration and expatriation relocation needs.
Additionally, the Panamanian government encourages retirees to retire here with one of the world's most generous senior citizen programs with many benefits and discounts.
By Law, any male senior individual of sixty two (62) years or older, and any female senior individual of more than Fifty seven (57) years older, will be entitle to the following benefits due to their senior citizen status:
- 50% off on entertainment (movies, theatres, concerts, sporting events, etc.)
- 30% off on bus, boat & train fares
- 25% off on airline tickets
- 50% off hotel stays from Monday through Thursday
- 30% off on hotel stays from Friday through Sunday
- 25% off at restaurants
- 15% off at fast food restaurants
- 15% off on hospital bills (if no insurance applies)
- 10% off on prescription medicines
- 20% off on medical consultations
- 15% off on dental & eye exams
- 20% off on professional & technical services
- 50% off for closing costs for home loans
- 25% off for residential power up to 600 kw
- 25% off on residential phone service charges
- 25% off on residential water bills